Monday, March 26, 2007

Napa, Teutophones and Indonesian Food

So, Agnieszka, Inga (from Germany), Kristina (from Austria) and I rented a car from Dollar. We waited forever and it was a huge hassle. However, I was persistent and I got the car, minus the under 25 fee, and because it was bigger than I asked for, I argued and I only had to fill up the tank halfway. It wasn't so bad.

We went to Napa and got directions to several vinyards/wineries. I added Bouchaine to the list, because I had been there with dad two years ago. We went there first. It was a little busy, and the woman working was a bit rude and condescending, but the man was wonderful. After a bit of discussion, Agnieszka decided to buy a bottle of dessert wine. Next we went to this huge place with sheep on the side of the windy road up to it. It had an elevator, and it was very swanky. The Teutophones decided to not taste there because it was expensive and as I was driving and Agnieszka is not the biggest drinker, we didn't partake. We just enjoyed the views and got lots of pictures. The last place was really cool, and had an art gallery. The other two tasted while we walked around and found several works by Anselm Kiefer, a German artist who Agnieszka and I actually both like. I usually couldn't care less about art, and if I do, I don't like the classical stuff that Agnieszka likes. But we had already seen the exhibit at the SFMOMA and so we were very excited to see more. Then, we drove back towards the Golden Gate Bridge, and it was the apocalypse. When we arrived at the bridge (the first time I have crossed it with me at the helm), we couldn't see the water or San Francisco. When we were on the bridge, the fog was so thick, we could only see about 20 feet and therefore no land or water. We could have been anywhere. Then, we went to an Indonesian restaurant on Geary for some really amazing food. It was our second time, and I think it's my favorite restaurant in the city.

No comments: