Monday, May 07, 2007

so....

So, I moved in! I went to Ross/Walgreens (imagine that) and bought the following:

2 more shower curtains
A frying pan
A sauce pan
Tupperware
3 sharp knives
Mixing bowl
Cutting boards
a ladel
a cable car magnet

I found a little shelf thing on Jones on the street and I snapped that up

I went to Ikea and bought the following (I'm sure I'll forget something....):

A trashcan
Big coaster-like cork thingies for putting under hot pans
A wooden spoon set
Dish towels
Bathmat
4 drinking glasses
dish set (6 each.... large plates, small plates, bowls)
silverware set (4 each.... big and large spoons, big and large forks, knives)
a silverware holder thingy
an ikea screwdriver/hammer/pliers/wrench set so i could put together:
2 wooden chairs
a wooden dining table
a dresser with three drawers
a kitchen island thingy

As of now, I have built the table, chairs and half the dresser.

Justin drove me to Ikea and then I bought some beer and Agnieszka cooked food for us while Justin and I put the furniture together. I ate a meal on my new table and chairs! The people are coming to repair the things I asked them to repair. And an attorney on my case has expandable closet rods for hanging clothes and will be bringing them soon. I'm almost done with everything and I still have a significant amount of space on my floor. Maybe I'll get a comfortable chair someday.

No comments: