Saturday, November 24, 2007

My Neighborhood

My neighborhood has been rechristened by the city. On a map on the ferry building, there was a new designation, from approximately Vanness to Taylor, from O'Farrell to wherever Nob Hill started. I know live in NOMA (NOrth of MArket). I moved from NOPA (NOrth of the PAnhandle) to NOMA (NOrth of MArket). Heh, now I have to SOMA (SOuth of MArket) and then, it's on to NOLITA (NOrth of Lttle ITAly), SOHO (SOuth of HOuston St.), NOHO (NOrth of HOuston St.), TRIBECA (TRIangle BElow CAnal St.) DUMBO (Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass), and RAMBO (Right After the Manhattan Bridge Overpass) all in NYC. The final destination would of course be Soho (possibly South of Holborn St.) in London.

Do other cities have this? Perhaps my parents live in SOTO (SOuth of ThOmas Rd.)? or EaSe (EAst of SEventh)? or NoDo (NOrth of DOwntown)? That won't work.......

Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Paul said...

Miami Beach's South Beach district is often referred to as SoBe

Anonymous said...

J-

I think we live in WilCen

Willo and Central

Mom