Wednesday, March 06, 2002

Do-Gooder

I think I wanna be like Amelie........ (or with her, I can't figure out which). Of course, this destroys my thoughts about anti-idealism, but oh well. Today, it poured and it was like back in Phoenix!!!!!! I turned in my physics, and saw a pretty rad band today...... they played in tower records because it was raining. Now, I get to read Dubliners!!!!!! I'm so excited!!!! Just two weeks and 2 days til I see my family and my friends back home!!! I'm pretty excited, but I've realized how much Berkeley, CA is now my home. It's crazy, I've gone over to the city so much lately, and walked around so much in the East Bay. I feel pretty good about everything. I just wish that I wouldn't worry about school. I'm not blaming my stress on the school, I'm blaming it on me. Maybe that's why I'm stressed, but oh well. I think we must end this with a poem:

To a Historian (by Walt Whitman)

You who celebrate bygones,
Who have explored the outward, the surfaces of the races, the life that has exhibited itself,
Who have treated of man as the creature of politics, aggregates, rulers and priests,
I, habitan of the Alleghanies, treating of him as he is himself in his own rights,
Pressing the pulse of the life that has seldom exhibited itself, (the great pride of man in himself,) Chanter of Personality, outlining what is left to be,
I project the history of the future.

Current Mood: happy

No comments: