Friday, August 15, 2003

Music and Emotions

So, I totally feel like the most important bands of the 80s/90s are the Pixies, Nirvana, Sonic Youth, Radiohead and Jane's Addiction, none of which I've seen. The last 3 are still together and i'm seeing Jane's Addiction tonight, and then hopefully I'll be able to see Radiohead in Berlin.

So, this morning in the shower I was listening to the first song on the new Jane's Addiction album, and I was singing the line that says, "For all the money in the world/We'll go to war for you backward heroes," and I started to cry. I'm not sure why, but I think I'm just really emotional right now. My friends are going back to Berkeley, the new kids are showing up at college, I'm leaving my home, everybody's moving, my relationships with everyone are really different. I think this is the hardest time to leave yet. I'm gonna miss being in Phoenix with my friends, plus being in Berkeley. I gonna miss Caitlin, Daniel, Tiara, Scott, my family, my home which is being fucked up (maybe that's why I let the line in the song get to me) but is still my home, my house, my language, my everything. All I'm taking with me is some clothes, this computer and my self. I've never felt so naked in my life. And on top of all that I already miss Yuko. Everything EVERYTHING here will continue, except me........

No comments: