Monday, June 25, 2007

the car shop on the corner

Well, I know that this was a big weekend for the city, but for awhile now, I've been wanting to tell you about a mechanic shop accross the street from my work. They have a large marquee facing the intersection of Turk and Larkin and they like to put up interesting phrases. From now on, I will put up each new one that is placed. Right now, I can only think of the last two and the latest one that has gone up today (or presumably earlier this weekend).

Oldest: "You never know what you have said until you find out what others have heard." - Gore Vidal

Next: "If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail." - Abraham Maslow

Currect: "Pride Not Prejudice" - theme of this years Gay Pride festival/parade

No comments: