Monday, June 25, 2007

Santa Cruz

So, on Saturday, Agnieszka, the other Agnieszka and I drove to Santa Cruz. After parking, we walked through downtown a bit and then the two Agnieszkas left for the beach. I stayed and walked around a bit. Then, I sat down and read the George Lakoff book, which I'm almost done with. I went into a few bookstores, a used cd store and some other shops. Santa Cruz appears even more relaxed than Berkeley. Half the men were shirtless. Some guy was loudly drumming on the city's trashcan. Another guy had a didgeridoo. A lot more teenagers than in Berkeley or San Francisco. It actually felt more like suburbia than I would have thought.

Then, we went to the beach again and played frisbee. Connor's band was playing in Santa Cruz that night, and so at about 7:30, we went over to the club and Connor and I sat out back and talked while the Agnieszkas went shopping for something to drink on the way home. It was good to see him. I recommended to him that he drive up to San Francisco for the parade on Sunday. Then we left. The most interesting thing was the show. i say about 2 minutes of a group of 16 yr.-olds playing screaming hardcore and another group of 16 yr.-olds listening. It was strange to see where I was 8 years ago. Odd.

No comments: