Monday, July 29, 2002

Old Man and the Old Spaghetti Factory

So, when I was at work yesterday, we had a really long wait list, and this old man was talking to me about whether the scale was accurate (we have a joke scale near the lobby of the restaurant). Then about five minutes later he came to the desk and said, "I'm not sure if my daughter is going to show up, but I figure I'll make sure she has a seat if she does. Two please." He was so sad, it made me wanna cry. About twenty minutes later, when I called "Albert Smith (or whatever) party of 2" and only he stood up and I remembered the whole story, I felt so terrible. I wanted to eat with him so bad. (crying) I walked by his 4 person table with only him and three empty spaces being served with extra care by his server, it made me overwhelmed by such fear for loneliness......

No comments: