Monday, July 29, 2002

Popcorn

So, the story about the old man made me think about a horrible event in my past, which may seem a little silly to anyone but me, but here we go.

When I was maybe 8, I was in Tucson with my brother and my dad for a soccer tournament that my brother was involved in. The entire team was staying in the same motel, and a bunch of the players were gonna hang out, and I asked my dad if I could tag along with my brother. He sad ok, and then he gave me some money to buy some sodas or something for my brother and I cuz my brother had already run off, not wanting me to follow. Then, my dad said he was gonna watch Wargames and if I wanted i could come back and hang out withhim and maybe buy us a snack so we could watch the movie, if I got bored with my brother's friends. So, we went out and I told my brother about the money and he took it and bought some sodas and gave me one and then we found (I have no idea how, maybe it was one of the other players') a big huge bag of popcorn, and one of the kids asked if anyone wanted it. I thought about my dad, and the movie, but then I didn't want to be uncool, so I didn't respond. We ended up making a huge mess in the hallway of the motel with the popcorn, and there was none left. Plus my brother's friends were jerks to me, and so I went back to the room. I had spent the money and no treat, but we watched the movie. I felt horrible the whole time, cuz all my dad wanted was to have a simple snack and watch a movie with his son, and I was too worried about being cool to be loving to my dad. I never told him about the popcorn, but I have felt bad about it for the past 12 years.

No comments: