Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Computer, Rain, New Favorite Book, Missile Shield

I bought a Sony Vaio. It had an issue with the screen's connection to the motherboard, so I got a new one yesterday. I just went in, found the most nervous person working there and demanded a new one. They gave it to me with no problems.

It's great.

It rained here this morning, a welcome change for me.

I'm reading a book right now that is just amazing. After 15 pages, I can see that I'm absolutely going to love it. "The Dharma Bums" by Jack Kerouac. What better setting than San Francisco, Berkeley and the Sierra Nevadas?

For people who think Angela Merkel and her CDU are a good thing, the party has decided to support the crackpot scheme of the US to build a missile shield in Poland/Czech Republic as a deterrant against Iran. They figure that will be the best way to build trust and show the West's unending and unblemished support of the Muslim people. Welcome to Cold War part 2, only this part is not quite so cold....

Current music: Great Society - Love You Girl

No comments: