Thursday, April 05, 2007

A shotgun?!

So, my co-workers and I leisurely walked over to Mason and Eddy, about 6 blocks east of my work building to enjoy some Indian food. We had discussed eating at "the vegetarian place" or at "gyro king", one of which is at Market and Larkin, 4 blocks south of my work. The other is 1 block from there, also 4 blocks from my work.

After finishing our food and walking the 6 blocks back past people openly smoking their crackpipes, we entered the building past security. A policeman came running up and told the security guard, "Watch out. Someone was just shot by a man with a shotgun at Market and Larkin. The shooter, a 6-foot black male, is running up Larkin in this direction, shotgun in hand."

We would have been on that corner, or walking back along that street, had we chosen differently.

Holy shit. A shotgun?!

No comments: